Complying with building regulations is an essential part of any building project. Our resources below will help with any projects you may be working on.
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) have published 'Approved Documents' to explains ways to meet Building Regulations.
The Approved Documents are:
● Part A (structure)
● Part B (fire safety) - volume 1: dwellings
● Part B (fire safety) - volume 2: buildings other than dwellings
● Part C (resistance to contaminants and moisture)
● Part D (toxic substances)
● Part E (resistance to sound)
● Part F (ventilation)
● Part G (sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency)
● Part H (drainage and waste disposal)
● Part J (combustion appliances and fuel storage systems)
● Part K (protection from falling)
● Part L (conservation of fuel and power)
● Part M (access to and use of buildings) volume1: dwellings
● Part M (access to and use of buildings) volume 2: buildings other than dwellings
● Part P (electrical safety)
● Part Q (security)
● Materials and workmanship
The resources below will provide additional information on specific regulations which may affect your project. If you have questions about any of these please get in touch.
Potterton gives more information about the regulations that affect heating and hot waterRead more
Potterton explains the withdrawal of the Code for Sustainable Homes and the impact this has on...
Your BDM can help you tailor Potterton's support services to suit your individual requirements
The Energy related Products directive (ErP) has been created to help the EU achieve its target of reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency